Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mercury in Your Teeth

"Q: My sister said that I should have my old silver fillings replaced because they contain mercury. Is this really worth the bother?

A: Absolutely. Mercury is a very toxic heavy metal that can build up in the body over time, potentially leading to numerous health problems, including chronic fatigue, weakness, memory loss and poor immune function. Amalgam (silver) fillings contain about 50% mercury and can continue to release mercury vapors—which you then inhale—as long as they remain in your mouth. Even just one mercury filling can be unhealthful"

No comments:

Post a Comment