Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sealed With A Sweet Kiss, A Soft Touch & No Comfort�Food - Body|Beauty|Culture News - AnneofCarversville.com

I came to understand the importance of touch when I was in Europe in 1992 for four months. I had left the U.S. as my close friend dropped me off at the airport. I had been too uncomfortable to kiss and hug her goodbye even as I wished to do so. In Europe as each country had their own traditions of kissing upon meeting and departing with friends, something came alive within me; I loved the touching. I came to feel that this was literally a need that many of us have, which has never been satisfied...Why not? What are we afraid of? After my return to the states, I continued the hugs and kisses with close friends.

I once read that after every war, something was lost of which we have had no conscious recollection. I have come to feel that what has been lost--after generations of war, has been our deep connections with others.

My personal interests in learning about other cultures has specifically been due to seeking other ways of living in the world, in closeness and intimacy with others...


Sealed With A Sweet Kiss, A Soft Touch & No Comfort�Food - Body|Beauty|Culture News - AnneofCarversville.com: "From Anne: Sealed with a Sweet Kiss

For me, kissing is the ultimate form of touching. I enjoy kissing other people and being kissed myself. I particularly like European kissing on both cheeks, because it is twice the pleasure."

No comments:

Post a Comment